- Celebrate the Winter Solstice with Restorative Yoga
- December 20, 2008 (Saturday)
- 10 am to noon
- Crossings: A Center for the Healing Traditions
8505 Fenton Street (Suite 202)
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(near Silver Spring Metro Station)
How do I get to
Crossings by public transportation?
- The winter holidays are a time of frenzy for many
of us, but other mammals are curling up and hibernating as the days
grow colder. Come celebrate the winter solstice with a series of
yoga restorative poses that help you follow the promptings of the
season: to slow down and turn inward. This workshop will be taught by
Rocky Delaplaine, a certified teacher in the Iyengar method of Hatha
Yoga. Rocky has been teaching in the Washington metropolitan area for
twenty years, and has taught this particluar workshop every winter
for the past ten years. She is also a poet, a mom, and has been a
member of the Women's Leadership Collaborative for the past 15 years.
- Some familiarity with Yoga is assumed. Please bring 3 blankets, 2 blocks,
and a Yoga strap if you have them.
- $40 (please make checks payable to "Crossings"